Sunday, November 9, 2008

Day Two

Its the middle of the night or early morning, depending on how you look at it! I am having a hard time sleeping, so I thought I'd get up and do something constructive rather than lie awake in bed. Besides, Doug is taking up my foot room on the bed because the dog is taking up too much space on Doug's side of the bed and I can't stand it!

This morning I am thankful for:

  1. My mom. I've always looked up to her and I'm constantly in awe of how much she knows! When I am with her I want to be a better person and she shows me how to do it by how she lives! Its so great to be living near her again. Being with her gives me a sense of calm that I need in my life. She has become a good friend and I love being with her.
  2. My mother and father-law. They are some of the most openly giving and caring people I've ever met. I am so grateful for the personal relationship I have with them. Its extra special because I know not all daughter-in-laws have this blessing!
  3. Hot Cocoa. I better start buying sugar free because I seem to be growing more attached to this stuff as the weather gets colder. Its the perfect thing to be sipping at night or in the morning as the chill is in the air. It helps my throat feel better. How can you go wrong with this warm chocolaty goodness? And when you mix it with other favorite flavors like mint, caramel or hazelnut it is especially snuggly. Thank you to Jessica on my volleyball team and her family that gave me a Starbucks gift card! The hot cocoa there is wonderful! If there were no hot cocoa, what would I drink when I need something warm? There aren't any choices that match up to hot cocoa.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Yes, MINT hot cocoa is the best. I found a Stephen's Mint Chocolate with marshmallows - so yummy!! I do need to get the "light" kind, though!

Allie said...

Um, I am thankful for hot cocoa everyday! Because I literally have it everyday!